Receptionist at Sandbach Music
Sandbach Music is a not-for-profit music school in Sandbach town centre which services the public within Sandbach and surrounding areas. Music lessons are taken on the premises by pupils of all ages and abilities in a range of instruments and styles. We will require a receptionist to cover maternity leave from November 2016 to August 2017. This will be a part time post including evening and weekend work in line with our opening hours.
Specific and general duties as below:
- Create a welcoming yet professional environment interacting with existing and potential new customers
- Provide refreshments for clients
- Book lessons for new clients within vacant slots in the timetable
- Administrative duties associated with registering bookings and enquiries
- Answering or referring enquiries, in person, by e-mail or over the telephone
- Keeping the reception area tidy
- Ordering music and other merchandise
- Handling money and taking card payments
- Assisting with the organising of concerts and exam sessions
- Ensure activities are operating in accordance with Sandbach Music’s relevant policies and procedures
- Excellent personal skills and the ability to communicate professionally, confidently and diplomatically to provide excellent customer service
- Flexible approach to the type of work undertaken
- Basic level of IT literacy
- Ability to multi-task within a busy music school environment
For further information about this role please contact Kerry Baldwin on 07470 356105 or email@example.com
Typical hours of work will be Tuesday-Thursday 3.30pm-8.30pm and Saturdays 9.30-12.30 totalling 18 hours per week. Holidays will be based on our closing weeks on a pro-rata basis. The pro-rata annual salary will be in line with the National MW/LW rates appropriate to the suitable candidate.
To apply please send a CV along with a cover letter describing your suitability for this role to Kerry Baldwin either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Mrs Kerry Baldwin
10A Congleton Road
All applications to be received by 5pm on Friday 21st October 2016. Probationary period of 3 months applies. All appointments subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.