Instrumental Tutor Vacancies at Sandbach Music
Sandbach Music is a not-for-profit music school in Sandbach town centre which services the public within Sandbach and surrounding areas. Music lessons are taken on the premises by pupils of all ages and abilities in a range of instruments and styles. Sandbach Music opened in September 2014 and since then has seen rapid growth, therefore we are looking to take on extra staff to deliver instrumental tuition.
Hours and rates are negotiable according to the experience and availability of the candidate. All staff at Sandbach Music are self-employed ‘workers’ paid on an hourly rate and are paid 5.6 weeks holiday per annum. Sandbach Music are dedicated to the development of their staff and CPD training and support will be given.
Tutors with any specialism may apply to work at Sandbach Music. If you have previously applied to Sandbach Music then your application will be on file and automatically reconsidered for vacancies so you need not re-apply.
- Delivery of quality instrumental tuition in your specialist instrument(s)
- Ability to teach adults and children
- Ability to teach in small groups
- Dedication to the musical development of Sandbach Music students
- Preparing students for musical performances and exams
- Adding resources to moodle technology as a home support aid
- Regular communication with parents and directors
- Music degree/diploma or other relevant qualification at graduate level (level 6)
- Experience teaching children and adults
- Full DBS enhanced disclosure/update or willingness to undergo one
- Child protection level 2 or willingness to train
- Willingness to be part of the Sandbach Music community and take part in extra activities in addition to main teaching duties
- Flexible approach to the type of work undertaken and the hours worked due to the operational demands of Sandbach Music.
- Excellent personal skills and the ability to communicate professionally, confidently and diplomatically with pupils, parents and staff
- Piano accompaniment skills
- Extra teaching skill areas ie. Music theory/children’s classes
- Experience entering pupils for external music exams such as ABRSM, Trinity, Rockschool etc
For further information on the post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07470 356105.
We are particularly looking for strings, piano and vocal tutors at the moment. Please note, we do not have any vacancies for guitar tutors and have several on file so do not require any further applications in this subject. Thank you
Mrs Kerry Baldwin
10a Congleton Road